About an hour away from downtown Vancouver is a cute little village called Clayburn. Established in 1905 as the first provincial “company town”, Clayburn was built by the Clayburn Company to provide employee housing and basic necessities (a few stores,
a bank, a school and a church). While the village has since been incorporated into the city of Abbotsford, a few remnants still remain today.
Complimentary walking tour brochures are available for those wishing to learn more about the village. We look forward to visiting Clayburn Village again in the Summer, when the tea shop and museum are open to tourists.